What the locals say: Agustin Candusso
Agustin Candusso is in Year 2, loves gelato and dreams of playing soccer for Uruguay. He also is Wagga’s youngest business owner.
Papel (paper) sells unique, customised origami bouquets, headpieces and more, online and at local markets. Their online following is steadily growing, Agustin proudly saying he has “followers from China and Russia – as well as across the road!”
With an exaggerated shrug of his shoulders that only a seven year old can do, he says he has just always loved the idea of starting a business. Agustin is good at folding paper, starting with tissues at the age of two, before progressing to thicker paper and more complex designs. When he sold some of his folded paper creations to a family friend just over a year ago, he wanted to keep it going.
He recruited his Mum, Caroline, to help find a market and launched his first stall at River and Wren Boutique Markets and sold more than 120 of his origami creations.
Today, Agustin concedes he has made his Mum a partner in the business, as another set of hands was needed to keep up with the orders in what they say is their crazy, beautiful, adventure.
Agustin’s top five things to do in Wagga Wagga + Surrounds:
- Soccer: I love soccer, I love playing soccer, I love dreaming about soccer and I would love to play for Uruguay when I grow up. I play in a team every Saturday at Duke of Kent Oval.
- Lake Albert walking track: I ride all the way around the lake on the walkway with Dad a couple of times a week – it’s a long way, about 5km!
- Apex Park, Lake Albert: We all go to the park at the lake a lot where we kick the soccer ball, climb on the playground or even in summer we’ll go paddling or even windsurfing.
- Wagga Wagga Art Gallery and City Library: I go to ArtBlast! classes at the gallery when they are on and in the school holidays we go to the library where we can even borrow movies.
- Gelatissimo: It’s my favourite gelato.
First published: 06 Oct 2017.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Our top picks for kids this summer - there's plenty to keep them busy all summer long in Wagga!